Wednesday, October 21, 2009

grrrr...


ok, not that i'm saying i am perfect or anything. i would never even hint at any such thing. i know my blatant disregard for capitalization probably drives some to the brink. i do it intentionally, aesthetically lowercase letters are more appealing to me. one thing i cannot handle is poor grammar... especially when it is by a teacher. a car that i tend to park next to now and then at work (a school), has this proudly displayed on the front bumper. REALLY? this is the best you can do? let's ignore the puctuation error (pretty sure sentences starting with "who" should end in a question mark...) and just focus on the word "mommy's"... so... does the "can't" belong to the "mommy"? ugh. i know that part of teaching elementary grammar is to emphasize that adding an apostrophe s makes things posessive, not plural. anyways, just venting... i am sure this post is riddled with grammatical errors and for that i apologize. believe me, it hurts me more than it hurts you. ;)

1 comments:

val said...

feel your pain!!! when we moved here, my kid's came home horrified b/c their teacher's used double negatives and said 'ax' instead of ask...amongst other things.. I told my husband I could feel my IQ slipping....